In the mid-1920s, ag möbelfabrik horgenglarus began collaborating with external architects and designers - a success story that continues to this day. The driving force at the time was Ernst Kadler-Vögeli, the head technician and later director. Without the expertise and material-technical skills of the company's own development department, such cooperation would not have been possible; the bentwood process in particular required a high degree of skill. However, the majority of the furniture program continued to consist of factory designs or factory models that were created without the involvement of external designers. These include anonymous icons such as the chair created around 1927, which is known today as classic 1-380.